4 slices of whole meal bread
1 cup of strawberries
2 tablespoons of low fat cream cheese
4 tablespoons of coconut oil melted
2 tablespoons of honey or sweetener of choice
I used Sukrin "icing sugar" on top (is an artificial sweetener with exact same texture and taste than normal icing sugar, really low in calorie as well). You can substitute with real icing sugar (only a little bit and not optional really)
1. Melt the coconut oil and put in a bowl. you can add cinnamon and vanilla to the oil to give it extra flavour.
2. Blend half the strawberries on food processor. Chop the other half of the strawberries and mix with the blended ones.
3. Cut one slice of bread as pictured and place in your mould. with a brush or a spoon brush the coconut mixture all over the bread in the mould.
4. Add cream cheese and honey to the strawberries and mix well. Refill your moulds.
5. Cut another slice of bread to cover up and brush again with more coconut oil. Place into a preheated oven at 180 C for 10 minutes until they are toasted. Serve warm with a spoon of greek yogurt and a nice cup of coffee.
The beauty of this is that it does look pretty and you can leave on the moods over night and then just toast them in the morning. decorate with more fruis, peanut butter, christmas sprinkles and make the family happy with these yummy breakfast. Or dessert! sure why not?