Wednesday 23 September 2015

Scotch Egg


I know the original Scotch egg is made with sausage meat but to make it healthier I've made it with lean minced beef.

I hope you really enjoy this recipe. Is a simple recipe but it is quite impressive. I think it would look awesome on a table if you have friends over.

My hubby was really impressed by it when he came home to this meal, so it was a great success.

Ingredients:

300 grams of lean minced beef
4 small eggs
Flour ( I used sesame flour but you can use oat flour or any flour you have at home)
1 egg whisked in a bowl
Onion
2 teaspoons of dijon mustard
Homemade bread crumbs (just blend 1 slice of wholemeal bread in the blender)

Step 1:

Boil some water in a sauce pan. Once the water is bubbling put in the eggs. Time them to boil for exactly 6 minutes. Once this goes off throw the water out and cover them with cold freezing water. (This step is to cool them down so the egg doesn't overcook.)

Step 2:

Prepare the meat. In a bowl add the meat, onion, herbs, garlic, dijon mustard, sea salt and pepper.  Mix well.

Step 3:

Peel the eggs.

Step 4:

Prepare your station with 3 bowls: 1 with flour, 1 with a whisked egg, and 1 with breadcrumbs.

Step 5:

Grab some meat and form a flat burger. Roll the egg in some flour and place inside the rolled meat and form a ball.

Step 6:

This is where the bowls from step 4 become important. Carefully roll the ball in the bowl containing flour, then in the whisked egg bowl mix, and finally in the bowl containing the breadcrumbs.

Step 7:

Fry them in a frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil, at a low heat, for about 20 minutes.

Serve and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I know the original Scotch egg is made with sausage meat but to make it healthier I've made it with lean minced beef.

    I hope you really enjoy this recipe. Is a simple recipe but it is quite impressive. I think it would look awesome on a table if you have friends over.

    fitness

    ReplyDelete