Sunday 27 March 2016

Vegetarian Fat Loss Plan



After the Easter binge and with summer, blogsquad, and my trip to Mexico coming up I really want to lose about 3 kilograms of fat. A few of my readers mailed me to ask me what am I doing to achieve this, so here is the food plan I have devised for the next 3 weeks in order to do so. If you want to lose a few pounds do it with me and lets motivate each other!

I am having 4 different options for breakfast, 3 for lunch and 3 for dinner. (Plus 1 extra option for the weekend) and 2 snacks a day. 

To start the week (Monday and Tuesday),  I am having a green smoothie prepared with: 250ml almond milk, 1 green apple, 1 small banana, 1 handful of spinach, 2 tablespoons of vanilla raw vegan protein and topped with a tablespoon of bee pollen.

For Wednesday and Thursday:


I will be having 2 eggs either poached, boiled, scrambled or in an omelette with sautéed vegetables: Mushrooms, onion, tomato and some greens (asparagus, spinach or broccoli)

Friday Breakfast:


Fridays will be having my usual beloved porridge topped with blueberries, seeds and bee pollen.

For Saturday and Sunday:


I will be having my 120 calorie bagel (Country Kitchen from Testco) with half an avocado on top

Lunches:


Option 1 will be a bowl of soup. Carrot, butternuts squash and red pepper soup. You can find recipe here: Butternut squash soup


Option 2: 
Raw or crispy kale topped with some raw veggies, sliced almonds and balsamic vinegar


Option 3: Mexican pinto beans

Ingredients: (2 portions)
1 can of pinto beans
4 mushrooms
1/2 red pepper
1/2 green pepper
1 onion
1 chillie (optional)
1 vegetable stockcube
1 handful of coriander

Saute veggies until onion is translucent. Add beans, stock, coriander and cook slowly until beans are nice and soft. Season to taste

Dinners:


Option 1
Chick pea stew. Recipe here: (recipe serves 4) Chickpea Stew




Option 2: Quinoa Salad 

To cook quinoa:
1. Place 1/2 cup of quinoa with 1 cup of water in a sauce pan. 
2. Bring it to the boil. 
3. Add a vegetable stock cube and simmer until water has evaporated

Chop veggies of choice and mix all together. I love this with: carrots, red pepper, edamame, broccoli and red peppers


Option 3: Sttuffed peppers with couscous, veggies and feta cheese

1. Cook 1/2 a cup of couscous
2. Saute veggies of choice
3. Add in couscous to the veggie mix and season to taste
4. Stuff 1 full pepper per person
5. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes
6. Top with the feta cheese
7. Serve and Enjoy

Extra Option for the weekend:

I know this option isn't vegetarian but I haven't been able to give up my salmon completely but I am having it once or twice max a week (usually weekends)


Salmon will be grilled, and I will be serving with vegetables or salad

Afternoon Snack:


1 Portion of fruit:
1 banana
1 apple
1 pear
20 grapes
1 cup of strawberries
1 cup blueberries
1 kiwi
1 mandarine, clementine or orange

-OR-


1 banana with 1 tablespoon of peanut or almond butter (my favourite snack in the world)

Nighttime snack:
1 handful of nuts + 1 cup of chamomile tea

Amazing to kill anxiety and help you sleep well at night time




2 litres of water a day
3 cups of herbal tea a day: 
- green tea with lunch
- peppermint after dinner
- chamomile before bed
- No cheat meal until the 3rd week

My exercise routine: my-gym-workout-routine



No comments:

Post a Comment