Sunday 17 August 2014

Do you hate running? But you'd wish you like it?




Well I am writing this post because I was one of those people who used to hate running. first of all I can't run outside because I have severe asthma and a horrible chronic sinus problem so my breathing is terrible and when I run outside the air doesn't allow me to breath properly so I shock constantly. So unfortunately I have to do it inside on the treadmill. I do go for a run outside every now and again but I slow down a lot. So anyway I used to step into the treadmill and first minute would be like "this is horrible when is this gonna end?" "OMG only two minutes have passed by and I am already tired" "I Just want to go home" "I don't like the feeling of it" " This is endless" etc. etc.

And I remember at that time when I used to hate it I was only running at speed 8.0 (that is really bad for the level of fitness I had). But now I couldn't live without running. The feeling of it is just amazing. I love it. 

First of all I am going to list a few positive points of how running is good for you:

Runners  are 39 percent less likely to use high blood pressure meds and 34 percent less likely to need cholesterol meds.

Running strengthens bones better than other aerobic activities, say University of Missouri researchers who compared the bone density of runners and cyclists. Sixty-three percent of the cyclists had low density in their spine or hips; only 19 percent of runners did.

A study in the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society reported that women who were active as teenagers were less likely to develop dementia later in life.

nsomniacs fell asleep in 17 minutes on days they ran, compared to 38 minutes on days they didn't. They also slept for an extra hour on days they exercised.

People who exercise for an hour a day are 18 percent less likely to suffer upper-respiratory-tract infections than those who are inactive, according to a study from Sweden. Moderate activity boosts immunity.

Researchers had asthmatics do two cardio workouts and one strength session a week. After three months, they reported less wheezing and shortness of breath.

A review of 22 studies found that people who work out 2.5 hours a week are 19 percent less likely to die prematurely than those who don't exercise. A separate study found that active people have a 50 percent lower risk of premature death.

After reading that I have to say that one strong reason to get running is: LOSE WEIGHT!

Since I have step up my running Ive been able to eat way more. which is great. So here a few advices on how love running:

First of all you have to have the proper gear. There is nothing as horrible as feeling uncomfortable when running. So the first thing you have to buy is a sports bra. Being a lady is impossible to run fast enough if your boobs are all over the place. This will make you feel more confident with yourself while doing it. Second but not least important: good runners. If you have the wrong footwear you can really lead yourself to an injury. I used to use Acsis all the way but recently bought Nike and wouldn't go back. 

Then what you have to do is to zone-out think of something like future plans or protects. Time will pass faster if you are focusing on something in your mind. 

Music is vital as it can really motivate you. I don't run unless i have my iPod with me.

If you are running outside download an app that let you know distance. Set up targets: star by saying "I am going to run 3k in 30 minutes" that is a very light run. You can archive this by walking but it is a start. Then aim to do 4k in 30 minutes so checking the speeding will really distract you from timing and when you least realise you will finish a good cardio session. Your goal should be to do 5k in 30 minutes. The way I do it is I start walking at 8 speed on treadmill for one minute then I go to 12/12.5 speed for another minute and so on until I complete 30 min (5k).

When you are running before your body gives up is your mind that does it so if you are thinking "I can't" "Im tired" you will give up. So find motivation in you head you will be flying. You will be planning a marathon after you archive this. You will feel so sweaty and clean inside that you will wonder how did you ever went without this feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment