Homemade Almond Butter
So today I wanted to make some protein balls to have healthy snacks over the weekend but I didn't have any nut butter so I couldn't make them but I had almonds so I decided to make my own almond butter to make my protein balls tomorrow.
I always keep nut butters in the press as they are so handy to have quick snacks or make healthy little treats for all the family!
2 cups of raw almonds
sea salt (optional)
And you will need a tray and a blender
1. Place almonds on a tray
2. Roast them inside a previously preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 5-8 minutes. Keep checking them as they could burn really quick!
3. Place them in a blender or food processor
4. blend until the natural oils do their job and becomes butter
5. At this point you can add any add ons such as sea salt, honey, chia or cranberries and create your own twist in it!
6. just add into a little glass jar and enjoy!