Thursday 8 October 2015

Homemade Granola In 10 Steps


I have this recipe for a while now, and I have been meant to try it for ages but finally I have made it today and OMG! I can confidently say is better than any cereal or granola I have tried before.

Is properly crunchy and crispy. Is like one of those sugar loaded cereals (that taste so good) except that this one is actually very healthy! The right amount to serve once is cooked is: if you are losing 1/2 or 3/4 cup or 1 cup if you are maintaining.

Ingredients:

2 cups of raw porridge oats
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
1/2 cup slighlty toasted hazelnuts
1/4 cup of roughly chopped almonds
1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
1/4 cup of honey
1/2 cup or raisins
1/2 cup of cranberries ( I didn't have cranberries so I used goji berries)

1. Turn on the oven at 150 degrees celcius
2. Place the hazelnuts on a tray and toast them for 5 minutes
3. In a bowl mix the oats, sesame seeds, hazelnuts and almonds
4. Heat up the coconut oil and the honey until they are both melted and combined
5. Pour rue honey mix to the oat mix
6. Mix well
7. Spread on 1 or 2 trays and toast for 50 minutes (or until crispy)
8. Move around often
9. Once they are out of the oven mix in the raisins and the cranberries
10. Keep in an air thigh container and keep in a cool place

You can serve with a bit of yogurt and fruit:



Or you can serve with almond or coconut milk just as cereal:


Hope you enjoy it! Leave me messages over on my social media: Instagram: @momfitnessdiary and Facebook: Mom Fitness Diary

No comments:

Post a Comment