Wednesday 5 August 2015

My Gym Workout Routine





Hi guys. I get asked a lot my gym routine and the reason I haven't post it before is because I change it every 6 weeks. You can't stick to the same routine for ever! You need to change it up as your body can reach plateau so you need to give body a boost every 6 weeks. Another reason to change it up is to hit different muscles fibres you haven't hit before.

You don't have to change it completely but change 1 or 2 exercises per muscle group and definitely making sure you are going up on weights to get stronger, more toned and leaner!

This routine is very good. Is designed by a personal trainer and myself and it has the very basic and very functional exercises that will give you a whole body toning. 

About the repetitions I will specify on each type of exercise. Some exercises will need 4 sets, some only 3. If you want muscle growth do 12 reps if you want more definition go for 15.

So you can print this routine. Identify the equipment at your gym and just go and do it!

To know how much weight you should be lifting grab "x" weight number and lift it, do the exercise, and if you can do more than 15 reps then is too light. If you can do 10 or 12 pushing it that's your weight!

I start each work out running running for one kilometre at a medium speed on treadmill which it takes me 6 minutes.

My cardio consist on doing a HIIT on tread mill which means running 1 minute at 12.0 speed then walking 1 minute at 8.00 speed and so on until I complete 30 minutes which is exactly 5k.

Each session takes me exactly one hour to complete including cardio

So I work out 4 times a week as following:

Monday: Biceps & Triceps + cardio 
Tuesday: Leg, glutes & Abs
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: Chest & Shoulders + cardio 
Friday: Back + cardio
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: SOMETIMES if I have time and I want to I do only cardio and Abs.


So let's star with MONDAY:



1. Bicep Curls:  (3 sets of 12-15)
2. Tricep Extension: On picture above dumbbell is grabbed with two hands but I do it with just one hand. Stretch your arm up grabbing a dumbbell and bring it down behind your neck. Repeat on each arm. (3 sets of 12-15)
3. Hammer Curl: Simply grab your weight as on picture above and bring them up to touch your shoulder alternating with right and left hand (3 sets of 12-15 reps)
4. Tricep Dips: Using your own body weight grab any stool, bench or chair. Set your self at the edge and go up and down as shown on pic above. (3 sets of 15-20 reps)
5. Tricep kickback: Position yourself on a bench or on a flat area and bend your elbow to a 90 degree angle and kick your back back as lady in picture. (3 sets of 12-15 reps)
6. Incline bicep curl: Use an incline bench and grabbing two dumbbells curl your biceps doing both arms at the same time. Make sure you don't bend your back doing this. (3 sets of 12-15)
7. Is the same tricep kickback from number 5. (I repeated picture. Sorry about it)
8. Cable push down. I use machine at gym to do this exercise just as shown on picture. (3 sets of 12-15)
9. Using same machine I do cable curl. 

TUESDAY:





1. Squats (4 sets of 12-15 reps)
2. Straight legStiff Deadlift (4 sets of 12-15 reps)
3. Leg Press (4 sets of 12-15 reps)
4. Leg Curl (3 sets of 12- 15 reps)
5. Walking Lunges with weights on each side (3 sets go 16 steps)
6. Gluteus kick-ups with ankle weights (3 sets of 20)
7. Straight leg up and down with ankle weights (3 sets of 20)
8. Glute bridges: I do this with a dumbbell on my tummy/hips for a better result (3 sets of 20 reps)

THURSDAY:



1. Bench Press (4 sets of 12-15 reps)
2. Incline Bench Press (4 sets of 12-15)
3. Incline flys (3 sets of 12-15)
4. Dumbell Pullover (3 sets of 12-15)
5. Shoulder press (4 sets of 12-15)
6. Rear delt fly (3 sets of 12-15)
7. Lateral raise (3 sets of 12-15)

FRIDAY:




1. Deadlift  (4 sets of 12-15 reps)
2. Bent over row (4 sets of 12-15 reps)
3. Lat pull down on machine (3 sets of 12-15 reps)
4. Cable pull up (3 sets of 12-15 reps)
5. Cable pull down (3 sets of 12-15 reps)
6. Chin-ups on machine standing up. Picture above lady is on knees (4 sets of 12)
7. single arm row (3 sets of 12-15 reps)

TUESDAYS AFTER LEG AND ON SUNDAYS AFTER CARDIO:

1. crunches (4 sets of 15)
2. Side bikes (4 sets of 40. 20 on each side)
3. Straigh leg crunch with weight (4 sets of 20)
4. Plank (4 sets of 1 minute each)

1 comment:

  1. Lexington personal training I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete