Sunday 13 July 2014

Pork chops with apple sauce


Pork chops with apple sauce on a bed of mash potato

Pork chops are part of a healthy diet. Although I always cut the fat to the one I am eating. I leave the fat in hubbys one! Men doesn't store fat like us therefore they are allowed to eat way more fat than us. Thats why always say do not eat same portion as your male partner,  you as a woman will always store the fat.

 Anyway this dinner was delicious. I cooked it last night (saturday) and cooked enough for today sunday dinner.

To make sauce:
4 apples
1/2 onion
Olive oil

Peel 3 apples and cut them. Dice the onion and sauté with a bit of olive oil. In the same pan add the apple and cook it very slowly until is very tender. Blend all together. Cut the 4th apple in slices and set aside.

Place your 4 pork chops on a glass dish add a tabblespoon of the sauce on each chop and add a slice of the  apple you set aside, put some sea salt, back pepper and dried parsley if you wish and stick into the oven for 35 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.

I always bake my potato instead of boiling it as glycemic index is lower  than when baked. I add olive oild then mash as instead of adding butter and milk which are very fattening. (Glycemic index is the effect foods have in our blood to elevate insuline levels. foods that elevates insuline converts it into fat straight away)

1 comment:

  1. I really admire this information here on your blog. Great experience with it. Thanks!!
    Cook at easy weight watcher recipes foods.

    ReplyDelete