Saturday 26 July 2014

What your weekly grocery shopping should consist of?


The picture above is what I bought today on my weekly shop. The stuff that goes in the fridge had been already put away but I will type it all underneath. There is thing that last long so I will type it all as well.

Vegetables:

This is bought weekly. I don't have time to do middle week shopping so everything lasts me exactly until Friday. Then Friday I always cook a big pot of rice with vegetables leftover for that evenings tea and Saturday lunch because as I go and do the shopping I come back at lunch time so I've no time to cook so I just heat it up and kitchen remains clean.

So anyway here is the vegetables I buy:

- 3 Courgettes
- 3 heads of broccoli
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 red peppers & 2 yellow peppers
- onions
- Mushrooms
- Potatoes
- Asparagus
- tomatos
- Carrots
- Limes
- Kale (sometimes)
- Spinach
- Lettuce or leaves
- 2 avocados
- leeks

Fruit:

Here I buy the fruits that I like and we all enjoy and that have all the different vitamins and that they are gonna be eaten because I hate buying loads of different types of fruit and then you have no time to eat all that and ends up in the bin so in my opinion keep it real don't go like "oh i will buy this fruit and this one and this one oh this looks good too" then realistically you won't even eat half of that

I buy:

- 3 bags of bananas
- 2 packs of strawberries
- 2 packs of frozen blueberries
- 1 pack of frozen pineapple
- 1 bag of apples
- mango (only when is in seasson)

Carbs:

This ones are obviously not bought every week as I don't use them all in a week but I always have them all in my press

- Brown rice
- Brown pasta
- 3 Loafs of grainy bread
- 1 pack of wholemeal wraps
- Oats
- Quinoa
- Lentils ( I always have them in a can and uncooked in a bag just for days that I've not time to cook them)
- Beans (any type in a can, and in water)

- Protein:

This is the proteins I buy in the supermarket:

- Eggs ( I buy a lot of them because I use a lot of egg whites)
- 3 cans of tuna a week ( they are so handy for when you don't want to cook and do a quick salad is a great option)
- 3 or 4 pieces of salmon (for all of us! I use salmon to make a little dish for the boys with cous cous and vegetables)
- Plain White fish is always good to have in the freezer as well
- 6 slices of Bradys ham ( hubby brings lunch with him once a week so I make sandwiches for him)

I buy all my meat in my local butchers it is organic and it is a better meat that the supermarkets meat, for example mince meat in supermarkets is fat minced with blood to make it look red. the mince meat in butchers is real meat just minced.

Every week I buy:

- 12 chicken Breasts
- 800 g of mince meat (for hubby and i)
- 400 g of mince ( for boys little stew)
- 2 to 4 pork chops
- 2 good Steaks

Extras:

- Tabasco sauce (I love it)
- Olive oil and coconut oil ( coconut oil is very expensive and many of us can't afford it which is understandable and this is why olive oil is just perfect) I don't buy any other type of oil.
- Nandos sauce
- Dijon Mustard
- Mayo (I do get Mayonnaise for my husband which I don't approve but he loves it and there is nothing I can do neither my boys or I eat it, is full of fats and starches)
- Butter (I like to have butter for a few dishes, butter is not that bad and I don't buy weekly but is good to have it if every now and again you want to bake something or if on a Sunday your want to put a little spoon on your spuds)
- Refried Mexican beans are delicious but they are very fattening so this is something I would ONLY eat on my cheat meal

Dairy:

- Greek yogurt
- little yogurts for the boys
- Cheddar cheese
- feta cheese
- mozzarella cheese (sometimes)
- Whole milk (just for my toddler)
- light milk (for hubby I wish he wouldn't drink)


Drinks:

- Bottled Evian water
- Almond milk
- Formula for my baby
- Red Wine (not every week but is nice to have a bottle in your house to have a weekly ONE glass)

Things I always have in my press:

- Walnuts
- Almonds
- Peanut Butter (100% peanuts, no salt no oils no sugar)
- Sea Salt
- black pepper
- garlic
- I planted herbs in my garden so I don't have to be buying them: Basil, coriander, parsley, rosemary)
- I like to always have flour and sugar for baking, if its somebodies birthday and I want to bake them a cake or if I want to do some bread etc.
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
-Vanilla extract
- Cinnamon
- Normal Salt (only for baking, most recipes would include a teaspoon of salt)
- Green tea
- Coffee
- Almond flour (I use almond ground)
- Seeds: sesame seeds, sunflower, pumpkin) they are great to add to breads or salads
- Vinegar
- Dark Chocolate
- unsweetened coco powder


NO CRISPS
NO BISCUITS
NO CHOCOLATES
NO ICE-CREAM
NO FRISSY DRINKS (unless we have guests)

If we ever want ice cream we go to the shop and get a one off treat. I don't keep those thing in my house. The only little chocolates I get is kinder bueno for my little boy












1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your post. This post really help me a lot and I have learnt some new things from your blog. I am bookmark your blog for future visit.
    Cook at best weight watcher recipes foods.

    ReplyDelete